Thursday, April 22, 2010

Personal Statement from Daria Casinelli: Why I do what I Do

“Recovering from the chicken pox, which I contracted when I was 29, was a grueling multi-dimensional process. The sequellae of the virus – diagnosed as fibromyalgia – whittled away at my life until there was almost nothing left. Acupuncture, Chinese herbal remedies and meditation eventually cured my condition. Acupuncture specifically set into motion a process that connected me with the Qi of destiny and that, in turn, lead me to become an acupuncturist myself.

Before contracting the chicken pox, I was extremely “heady” and approached life from a predominantly left brain perspective. This made me very well read, but it didn’t make my any happier or healthier. Nor did it – or the talk therapists I consulted – lead me to any fantastic level of self-understanding. Today, I am someone who believes that the experiential, non-rational, spiritual, right brain world is as valid as all that other stuff. Although I believe in talk therapy, I believe that astrology is an equally valid method of learning about oneself. This is the journey that has led me to bring the spirit-centered healing that I describe in my About Our Services to my patients.

The world’s pain quotient is increased exponentially by people who feel sick, powerless and confused. Eastern philosophies and healing methods can ease this burden and kindle the fire of enlightenment. By practicing TAM and craniosacral therapy I can live my commitment to a more peaceful world and actualize my own true nature as a healer and guide. I deeply believe that if people live in accord with their true nature, the world will be a much better place. And what more could one ask?”

No comments:

Post a Comment