Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Big News and Spring Tune-Up?

Dear Patients,



Spring is here and things are popping up everywhere, including in my professional life. Within the span of one week, I have become a contractor for the Department of Defense, enrolled in a residency program, and started a patient education campaign.



The Department of Defense is paying acupuncturists to treat veterans suffering from Gulf War Illness. These soldiers experience extreme fatigue, muscle pain, and depression as a result of being exposed to pesticides and medicines designed to protect them from chemical warfare during Gulf War II. If you know a veteran who would like to enroll in the program, feel free to send me his or her contact information. I remain available to treat non-vets.



When I’m not treating patients, veterans or otherwise, I will be going back to school! The three month residency program focuses on providing care to patients in hospice. I will spend part of that time in a class room and part of it treating patients of All Care Hospice. Again, if you know of someone who being cared for by All Care Hospice (for now, until I finish the training) who would like acupuncture treatments, feel free to send me their name.



As for the patient education campaign: Did you know that spring is a great time for a tune-up!? Many very painful disorders, such as migraines, Parkinson’s, Restless Leg Syndrome and acid reflux kick up in the spring. It’s also a great time to get ahead of allergies, and believe it or not, depression. Recently, several patients have asked me to help them wean themselves off of anti-depressants. The results were excellent. If you would like to avoid the side effects prolonged use of anti-depressants (loss of libido and all emotional response), please give me a call.



If you would like to learn more about why certain disorders are worse in particular seasons, feel free to find me/Milton Acupuncture on Facebook. Regular posts from my blog: http://stemsandbranches.blogspot.com/ will be appearing on my Facebook page, soon.



And please, let me know if you’d rather opt out of the “Patient Education Campaign” and I’ll take your name off of my list.



I hope you have a wonderful spring.


Daria Casinelli, Lic. Ac.

No comments:

Post a Comment